At RAM, we stand behind our products and workmanship, offering you customer service after the sale with the best warranty in the industry. RAM has specialized in the overhaul of Continental Motors, Inc. (CMI) IO-520, IO-550, TSIO-520, GTSIO-520, TSIOL-550A, and
GTSIO-520 engines for over 39 years. And with this specialization every aircraft engine overhauled at RAM is covered by the RAM Overhauled Engine TBO Warranty, giving you prorated extended coverage including parts and labor with Individual RAM parts and accessories warranted, as well.
Each aircraft engine overhauled by RAM is covered by this RAM TBO warranty. Repair or replacement of any part under this warranty will not extend the original TBO period as set by Continental Motors, Inc. (CMI). This RAM limited warranty is transferable.
1. INITIAL COVERAGE - ENGINE & PROPELLER & ACCESSORIES: For a period of twelve months or 500-hours of operation, whichever occurs first, after the appropriate Warranty Start Date per section (3) below, RAM will at its option repair or replace, on an exchange basis, any engine or part supplied by RAM (i.e. crankshaft, crankcase, cylinders, pistons, rods, pins, oil pump, internal gears, camshaft, lifters, oil cooler, magnetos, starter, starter adapter, alternator, ignition harnesses, turbocharger, propeller, governor, turbo controller, turbo overboost relief valve, wastegate, fuel system components) which within the applicable twelve months or 500-hour time period is returned to RAM and upon examination is found to the satisfaction of RAM to be defective in material or workmanship.
INITIAL COVERAGE - LABOR: RAM will pay for reasonable labor costs associated with repairs or replacements under this warranty, and for troubleshooting costs associated with identifying the need for such repairs or replacements, when coordinated through a RAM representative. The amount of repair and replacement labor costs allowed will be in accordance with warranty labor allowance schedules published by CMI or the aircraft manufacturer. The amount of troubleshooting costs allowed will be the reasonable costs under the circumstances of identifying the need for such repairs or replacements, but in no event will the troubleshooting costs allowed exceed fifteen percent (15%) of the labor cost associated with suchrepairs or replacements allowed by RAM. No troubleshooting cost allowance will be made where the need for repairs or replacements is identified in the course of overhaul or routine maintenance.
INITIAL COVERAGE - TRANSPORTATION: RAM will assume responsibility for Initial Coverage warranty transportation costs only when the actual cost of transportation to RAM is expressly authorized by RAM in writing, and when the engine or part is being shipped prepaid to RAM from a point within the United States of America by the most inexpensive means available, and when upon receipt and analysis by RAM the engine or part is found to the satisfaction of RAM to be defective in material or workmanship.
2. EXTENDED PRORATA COVERAGE - ENGINE BLOCK COMPONENTS (EXCEPT CYLINDERS): After the expiration of the applicable twelve months or 500-hour INITIAL COVERAGE period described above and before the expiration of the recommended time before overhaul (TBO) or the number of months equivalent to the TBO divided by 30 hours per month, whichever occurs first, RAM will at its option repair or replace on an exchange basis any engine block component (i.e. crankshaft, crankcase, pistons, rods, pins, oil pump, internal gears, camshaft, lifters) supplied by RAM which is returned to RAM and upon examination found to the satisfaction of RAM to be defective in material or workmanship. When a repair or replacement is made under this warranty, the owner will pay for the consumed portion of the TBO warranty coverage period. Customer portion is derived by dividing the current CMI factory list price by the number of TBO hours CMI designated for the engine, then multiplying that number by the total number of hours on the repaired or replaced engine. In the case of a replaced engine, the damaged parts of the exchanged core engine, i.e., a crankcase or a crankshaft, will be charged for on a prorated basis. The proration will be made based upon CMI's distributor net price or fair market price for a serviceable replacement, whichever is the least costly to the customer. In applying the above formula, the number of hours on the repaired or replaced engine will be actual logbook hours, or calendar time accrued at thirty (30) hours per month from the date of commencement of the warranty period specified above, whichever is greatest.
EXTENDED COVERAGE - CYLINDERS: After the expiration of the applicable twelve months or 500-hour INITIAL COVERAGE period described above RAM will assist Customer in securing the benefeit of any warranties that may be provided by the cylinder’s original equipment manufacturer. RAM WILL NOT AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY SEPARATE OR ADDITIONAL WARRANTY AS TO CYLINDERS.
EXTENDED PRORATA COVERAGE - LABOR: Labor and troubleshooting costs associated with prorata warranty will be prorated; the owner will pay for a portion of the labor. The portion paid by the owner will be calculated by dividing the total hours allowed for labor and troubleshooting by the total number of CMI designated TBO hours, then multiplying by the number of hours determined as consumed by the engine being repaired. The amount of repair and replacement labor costs allowed will be in accordance with warranty labor allowance schedules published by CMI or the aircraft manufacturer. In no event will the troubleshooting costs allowed exceed fifteen percent (15%) of the labor cost associated with such repairs or replacements allowed by RAM. No troubleshooting cost allowance will be made where the need for repairs or replacements is identified in the course of overhaul or routine maintenance.
EXTENDED PRORATA COVERAGE - TRANSPORTATION: No transportation costs are authorized to be paid by RAM for engines or parts returned during the engine block component prorata coverage period.
3. WARRANTY START DATE: RAM OHE engine(s) have a warranty start date beginning the date the engine(s) are delivered to the aircraft owner or his representative by a representative of RAM. RAM OHE engine(s) that are shipped for the purpose of being installed in the field by an approved aircraft facility, have a warranty start date that begins the date the engine(s) are delivered to the aircraft owner or his representative by the engine installer, but not to exceed 30 days after the initial engine(s) shipment date from RAM, which ever date occurs first.
AIRCRAFT DEALERS - START DATE EXTENSION REQUEST: Aircraft dealers may request approval in writing, on a per engine basis, for a warranty start date extension on engine(s) installed by that dealer on an aircraft in that dealer’s sales inventory, but not to exceed 120 days after the initial engine delivery date from RAM. All dealer warranty start date extensions are terminated upon the date of aircraft sale, such sales date being the start date of the RAM TBO Warranty Support Program.
BROKERED SALVAGE ENGINES - WARRANTY LIMITS: Engines last overhauled by RAM and being sold or brokered as parts or as salvage engine(s) are subject to reduced or no TBO warranty benefits. Remaining TBO warranty benefits may be re-instated upon inspection and approval of such engine(s) by RAM at the seller’s expense.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS, COMPLIANCE, AND SOLE REMEDY:
- This warranty applies only to engines in which parts manufactured or supplied by RAM or parts manufactured pursuant to an FAA Parts Manufacture Approval have been used, and nothing contained herein should be construed as a warranty by RAM of any part not manufactured or supplied by RAM.
- This warranty applies only to engines on which the inspection, maintenance, and operating instructions contained in the applicable CMI’s Operation and Installation Manual, applicable CMI Service Bulletins, and any RAM-recommended operational or maintenance procedures have been performed.
- CMI engine preservation and storage procedures as outlined in the applicable CMI Operation and Installation Manual must be performed. Ground running the engines in lieu of flight requirements is not adequate.
- Performance of recommended inspections and maintenance must be documented by appropriate logbook entries and the logbook must accompany any engine being returned for warranty consideration.
- This warranty does not apply to any engine overhauled or part manufactured or supplied by RAM which has been subject to misuse, neglect, or mishap, or which has been installed, repaired, or altered in any way that in the judgement of RAM has adversely affected the engine.
- This warranty does not apply to any engine overhauled or part manufactured or supplied by RAM which has been operated beyond CMI or RAM-recommended limits (such as, but not limited to, rpm, engine temperatures, fuel flows, or manifold pressure).
- Damages determined by RAM Aircraft,LP to have been caused by improper engine management operations may void warranty coverage for those damages.
- The provisions of this warranty do not apply to normal maintenance service ( such as engine set-ups, adjustments, inspections, etc. ) or to the replacement of normal service items ( such as, but not limited to, oil, spark plugs, filters, hoses, belts, etc. )
- RAM reserves the right to change any engine overhaul specifications, or part specifications, or prices without incurring any responsibility with regard to engines or parts previously sold or replaced.
- All parts and labor warranty described in this agreement are based upon RAM, CMI, or subject Vendor’s published retail parts prices and approved labor schedule and labor rate on the date of transaction in American currency (dollars) United States of America.
- All transportation payments provided by RAM are limited to that portion within the shores and borders of the Contiguous Continental United States of America (CONUS). Any shipment beyond CONUS as described above is considered an International shipment.
- International freight, as well as any additional administrative costs associated with International shipments and certificates, will be at customer’s expense, both warranty replacement part(s) and return of applicable core(s).
- RAM warranty is based upon timely return and receipt of applicable core(s) involved in the transaction, regardless of verified or assumed serviceable condition. Exchange core(s) should be returned to RAM in Waco, Texas within 30 days, additional 30 day allowance for International transactions.
- International shipments are contingent on RAM receiving an advance deposit for the value of the exchange core(s) prior to shipment of applicable warranty replacement part(s).
- Any transaction involving an International shipment, as described above, remains designated an International shipment regardless of the initial point of purchase or installation of the RAM engine(s) or part(s) within the United States of America (CONUS). Aircraft operating outside the borders of CONUS are subject to all International RAM Warranty conditions described above, regardless of United States of America registration of the aircraft.
- The sole and exclusive remedy under this warranty is limited to repair or replacement as specified above. There are no other warranties expressed or implied, specifically, but without limitation, there are no implied warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will RAM be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages arising out of the failure of any engine or part to operate properly or arising out of any breach of warranty made herein. No person is authorized to give any other warranty or to assume any additional obligation or liability on behalf